Stars National Initiative
Support and guidance on parental drug and alcohol misuse
Home » Useful websites
The following list is a collection of weblinks for a range of government and voluntary organisations that can support your work.
- National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse (NTA) - part of Public Health England
- Public Health England Alcohol Learning Resources
Voluntary sector websites
- Action on Addiction and M-Pact programme
- Alcohol Concern
- Alcohol Education Trust - resources and training for school staff
- Alcohol Focus Scotland
- Carers Trust
- Choices with Fixers, a site with shared stories and advice on alcohol, drugs, crime and other issues
- Drink Aware - which includes an educational resources section
- Drinkline - 0300 123 1110, a helpline for anyone who is concerned about their own or someone else's drinking
- Message boards - for young people living with a family member's addiction to drugs, alcohol or behaviour such as gambling. The message boards were originally run by COAP (Children of Addicted Parents) but are now under the care of Nacoa.
- Mylife4schools, a site with resources for teachers of children aged 7-11
- National Association for the Children of Alcoholics (Nacoa)
- NSPCC FEDUP programme - helping children and families where one or both parents misuse drugs or alcohol
- The Young Carers Initiative, part of The Children's Society's Include programme
Would you like to recommend another useful link? Contact us and let us know.