Stars National Initiative
Support and guidance on parental drug and alcohol misuse
A warm welcome to Stars National Initiative.
We are a hub of information, guidance and resources on parental drug and alcohol misuse, and the impact it has upon children and families.
Through our work we promote the voices of children and young people, seek to influence policy and practice, and undertake training and consultancy work.
We work as part of The Children's Society and provide a wide range of information and resources around Hidden Harm, including:
- Our 'Help me understand' booklet
- Our 'Ask me about me' DVD - sample scenes available to view online
- Our 'You are not on your own' booklet
- Our free worksheets for children and young people
- A wide variety of practice resources
- Conferences and training events
We hope this website and our resources will be useful to you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.
One of our aims is to support practitioners working directly with children, young people and families. We provide relevant information, guidance and protocols, key government documents, alongside bespoke resources such as our Ask me about me DVD, a collection of useful websites and a page compiling a wide range of children's voices.